Friday, August 1, 2008

Vacation calls, guerrilla duty waits

So I've spent the last few days researching this guerrilla gardening thing - reading books, lurking on bulletin boards, hoarding tips, squirreling away sites, imagining what life would be like if I could go pick a salad outside the office for lunch - and suffice to say, I'm very excited about it. I wish we could get started with planting this very weekend. But I'm afraid that won't work, because tomorrow I am going to Peru.

Surely, even guerrilla gardeners take vacations. I work in the media, and August is generally considered "dead time" - which is, coincidentally, also how I feel about the mid-August heat of Central Texas. So, I am escaping to hike the Inca Trail to Macchu Pichu, or raft the deepest canyon in the world, or float along the Amazon, or visit the reed islands of Lake Titicaca.... I'm not quite sure, because a friend in Peru is planning this trip. But I'm pretty sure it will be awesome. And when I get back in two weeks, I'll be reinvigorated to plot a guerrilla gardening mission.

So if you've given me your email address, you are on the email list, and you will receive updates as soon as they're available. In the meantime, take these two weeks as an opportunity to do some guerrilla-style scheming of your own. (And start some seeds!)

1 comment:

countdougula said...

Interested in the guerilla gardening project always wanted to, have little confidence in how to..will you help me help the city and use our public space in the earth's best interest? My friend is also interested in participating. contact me at
countdougula@yahoo.com
P.S. I thought yr crap in a bucket blog was funny and unyielding.