Thursday, September 25, 2008

So happy to meet everyone

Hi Y'all,

I just wanted to put up a quick post to say how happy I am to have met everyone these past weeks while Guerrilla Gardening. I consider myself relatively new to Austin and I'm really diggin the chance to find other people with an interest in Austin gardening. As a side bonus, the fact that we are choosing garden plots all over town means I'm discovering new and cool places to go... hello pizza joint across the street from our garden on 34th and Guadalupe!

I also want to say thanks to my fellow gardeners for helping me learn more about gardening. My goal is to turn my thumb green through gardening with the Garden Posse and I'm happy to report that I've got the basics down now (the plant goes into the ground root first).

I'm going to be out of town for the next two weeks, but I'm looking forward to seeing how our gardens are going when I get back. I'll also be ready to get at those social events with a guns a blazin.

When I moved to Austin I told my friends and family that I was coming to put down roots. I love how now I'm not only doing that figuratively, but quite literally. See everyone in 3 weeks!

1 comment:

The Garden Posse said...

Greg, thanks for posting! Have fun in Serbia, and don't forget to spread the guerrilla gardening gospel.